What I'm Thankful For


In honor of Thanksgiving, I have compiled a list of ten things I am thankful for.  Let’s start out with the elephant in the room:

 

Donald Trump is President: Every American to the right of Susan Collins should rejoice in the fact that Donald Trump won the 2016 Presidential Election.  Had Hillary won the Presidency, we would be well on our way to the liberal dystopian reality of 9 Ruth Bader Ginsburgs on the Supreme Court who would give the seal of approval to every insane liberal policy that ever came before them.  Hillary and the Democratic Congress that would have likely accompanied her to victory would surely have passed an amnesty bill by now that would ensure Republicans would never win another Presidential election again.  The economy has done quite well in the Trump era, despite the dire predictions of a crippling economic crash that would ruin the American economy should he manage to win the Presidency.       

 

I Graduated from College: Very few people can say that they graduated from Rhode Island College in four years. Many of my classmates from high school who attended college with me still have at least another year to go.  I came very close to failing a class that I needed to graduate during my sophomore year, which probably would have caused the derailment of my goal to finish college in four years.  To paraphrase Elizabeth Warren, I persisted and graduated cum laude with a 3.54 GPA.  Having a diploma on the wall of my bedroom provides me with a strong sense of accomplishment.  For that, I give thanks.    

 

I met Ainsley Earhardt:  I actually got to meet “Fox & Friends” co-host Ainsley Earhardt last month!  Had I not watched Hannity the night before, I would have had no idea that she would be attending a book signing in Madison, Connecticut; just about an hour away from where I live, the very next day.  When she arrived at the book signing, she had just left an interview with Eric and Lara Trump and their newborn son; which aired on “Fox & Friends” the next morning.  After she gave a brief talk and took a few questions, I stood in line for over an hour to meet her and many people stood behind me.  In the short time I had to speak with her, we briefly talked about her experiences talking to drunken and stoned college kids in Panama City Beach.  She graciously took a picture with me and wrote a nice little message for my niece in her book Through My Child’s Eyes.  The book would make an excellent Christmas gift for the little kids in your family and some of the proceeds go to Folds of Honor, which provides scholarships and support to the spouses and children of soldiers who lost their lives serving the country they loved.  Keep in mind she still had to go at least an hour (in the dark) back to NYC so she could co-host “Fox & Friends” the next morning.  She probably had very little time to sleep.  Yet she still greeted all of her enthusiastic fans with enthusiasm and a warm smile.  You could tell that she wanted to be there.  October 19, 2017 will surely go down as one of the most memorable days of my life.    

 

Rouser News and Red Alert Politics: I owe these two publications a debt of gratitude for accepting some of my work.  I began writing for Red Alert Politics, which has now merged with The Washington Examiner, shortly after graduating from college.  They have accepted eight of my submissions so far.  Rouser News actually contacted me a month ago asking me to become a contributor.  I have reposted some of my blog posts there and submitted one original piece.  To all of my readers, definitely check out these websites if you have not already.  You may have a chance to read some work of the next generation of conservatives before they become household names.          

 

My loyal readers and Twitter followers:  I appreciate those who take the time out of their busy schedules to read my blog posts, which I devote an enormous amount of time to.  My readership includes my friends and family as well as complete strangers who share my passion for politics.  Thank you for reading.  I give thanks to each and every one of you.       

 

I have a place to call home: This year has seen quite a few natural disasters, from hurricanes like Harvey and Irma in the southern United States to wildfires out west.  Many people lost everything they owned. Many in Puerto Rico still do not have power more than two months after Hurricane Maria.   I should acknowledge how fortunate I am to have a roof over my head (and electricity) as the cold weather rolls in.      

 

My family: Not everyone has a family who loves and supports them.  Ascendant You Tuber Ashton Whitty, who resides in the ultra-liberal Bay Area of California, pointed out that her family disowned her after she “came out” as a conservative.  That speaks volumes about the “tolerant left.”  In addition, not everyone has the privilege of spending Thanksgiving with their family; especially the brave men and women serving on behalf of the Red, White and Blue in the Armed Forces.  Those fortunate enough to spend Thanksgiving with their families should definitely give thanks for that as they sit around the dinner table this year.   

 

I’m Alive: This may seem overly simplistic but keep in mind that many people have lost their lives this year in mass shootings such as The Las Vegas Massacre and the Sutherland Springs church shooting as well as terror attacks such as last month’s truck attack in New York City and the explosion at the Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England back in May.  We should thank God every day for the gift of life and never take it for granted; for we never know when it may come to an end.

 

My Memory: We should always give thanks for the talents God has given us.  My ability to recall dates and facts makes it much easier to write these blog posts.  My memory could serve as both a blessing and a curse but I choose to think of it as a blessing.  Even though all four of my grandparents could not join my family and I for Thanksgiving dinner this year, I will always cherish the memories I have of the Thanksgivings (and Christmases) that we spent together.  I would like to think that they joined us in spirit.

 

The Internet and the Computer: Many of us, especially millennials and Generation Z, take the internet for granted.   But without this invention, I would not have access to my readers and Twitter followers and would probably have to choose a different career path.  The internet has broken down geographical barriers enabling me to become friends with people on the opposite side of the continent and even on the opposite side of the globe.  Many people in my generation can probably not imagine having to write a research paper without the internet; let alone write a paper by hand or on a typewriter.  Many of my teachers and professors over the years probably gave thanks for the computer as well; for it prevented them from having to read my awful handwriting.           

 

I think I came up with a pretty good list of all of the things I am thankful for this Thanksgiving.  Because my mom had to work yesterday, I have yet to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner.  I will share this list with my family as we sit down to eat turkey in a few hours.  I hope all of my readers had a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy the rest of the weekend. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Myth Busted: Large Number of Retirements Will Doom Republicans in 2020

Top 10 Most Likely Republican House Pickups

New Slogan for American Politics: 'It's Nothing Personal, It's Just Business'